The human body is capable of an incredible range of movements. While our bones are brittle and inflexible, our joints make this level of dexterity possible. Every move we make hinges on our joints; there is no imagining life without them. Continuous use, various health conditions and unfortunate accidents can cause distress due to damage to the joints. It is not uncommon to come across people who complain of such discomfort.
Joint Replacement Surgery
If you consult a doctor for the discomfort, they will try to alleviate your pain and resolve the issue through non-invasive methods like medicine, pain relieving injection and exercise. However, in some cases, that may not be enough. Due to arthritis or injury, parts of the joint may be damaged. In such cases, it becomes necessary to perform surgery and replace parts of the joint. A joint replacement surgery involves the joint’s partial or total replacement with a metal, plastic, or ceramic prosthesis.
Joint replacement surgery has become increasingly common in recent years, the most common being knees and hips. If situation arises to undergo a surgery, then consult the top joint replacement hospital in Delhi.
Post-Operative Care Tips
If you require joint replacement surgery, it is very important to find a good surgeon and the best joint replacement hospital in Delhi. These centers provide good post-operative care and ensure speedy recovery.
A successful joint replacement surgery does not end in the operating room. The hours, days and months following the surgery are just as important. There are some things that your doctor will tell you like:
1. Numbness around the incision or grogginess from the anesthesia in the hours following the surgery. The effects of anesthesia will wear off in a few hours.
2. There may be swelling after the surgery that may last 7 to 10 days.
3. Movement in the days after the surgery may cause discomfort; you may experience some stiffness. The body will take time to get used to the replacement; the muscles and tissues surrounding the joint are weak from surgery.
4. Clots may form, or the incision might get infected. It is crucial to maintain hygiene, keep the incision clean, and be on the lookout for signs that clots are forming.
Here are some tips for a speedy recovery:
1. Good nutrition is essential for recovery. Although you may lose part of your appetite after the operation, make sure to eat properly and stay hydrated. Consult your doctor if you need any supplements to aid the recovery.
2. Movement of the joint is the only way to strengthen your muscles and resume regular activity after the surgery. At the same time, it is vital to show restraint. Doctors from the top joint replacement center will advise some exercise or physiotherapist if required.
3. If pain persists for months following the surgery or gets worse, immediately contact your doctor.
Following the surgery, the path to recovery is yours to walk. The doctors of Saroj Hospital makes it the best joint replacement centre in Delhi and they will only guide you through the recovery process. But be rest assured that the right doctor can a big difference in the rate of your recovery. Be sure to look for a well-respected doctor and the top joint replacement hospital in Delhi.